CALL FOR ART: Women Do It! Postcard Exhibition Deadline: T/K
WCA's International Caucus and its UN Program invite individual artists, mail artists, students, children, activists and concerned individuals of all genders and ages as well as classrooms and organizations to create altered or hand-made postcards on the theme of 'Women Do It!' Exhibition.
What are noteworthy achievements by women? What impacts have women had on the economy, human rights, education, environment, world health, religion, politics and peace? Who are our women and girl heroes in our family and in our community? Which women do you admire in leadership, public service, sports and in the arts?
”Women Do It!” supports both the UN Women’s #HeForShe campaign and the upcoming 2015 Commission on the Status of Women’s Beijing+20 Conference in their efforts toward advancing women’s rights and gender equality in society, economics and politics.
• WCA and CAA Conferences, February 2015 (possible opportunity with early postcard submissions)
• UN Commission on the Status of Women Conference, International Caucus UN Program parallel event during March 9-20, 2015.
• UN DPI/NGO Conference August 2015
• WCA National Conference, Washington DC, February 2016
• Women's History Month Exhibition, St. Louis Florissant Valley Community College, March 2016
• Arc Project Gallery, San Francisco, May 7 - June 4, 2006.
• Online Gallery created on this site.
Altered postcards and hand-made postcards 4 x 6 inches in size. Any material that can travel through the mail may be used to construct the postcards. Postcards must be stamped and mailed, preferably without an envelope, through the postal system.
TO ENTER CALL FOR ART