WCA FISCAL SPONSORSHIP GUIDELINES & APPLICATION
The Chapter Development Fund is intended to provide an incentive for chapter development. It is separate from the Chapter Matching Fund and the WCA Travel Scholarship. Chapters must make formal applications for the funds and payments are made upon completion of the project and the filing of a report. Projects must be in keeping with the Mission of WCA. Funds may not be used to benefit individual members but must serve the chapter as a whole. This funding will be reviewed by the National WCA Board on a yearly basis and the amounts adjusted or suspended depending on the fiscal health of WCA.
Funds may be used towards these projects and by discretion of the President:
- Be a member in good standing
- Reflect a similar commitment to the goals set forth in WCA’s mission
- The work supported must be for purposes which are legal, and further a legitimate tax-exempt purpose, and in no way jeopardize the tax status of WCA.
- Offset chapter exhibition expenses
- Meet the requirements outlined in the Review Criteria section of this application
The project budget must be at least $1,000 with funding secured. The project may be considered for fiscal sponsorship if at least one contribution is committed, either from one individual or one foundation, for $1,000 or more.
Projects are accepted by WCA after being reviewed using the following criteria:
- Relevance and Significance of Project to Public Interest Projects —Are subject matter and project consistent with the goals of WCA’s mission?
- Likelihood of Project Completion—Does the proposed project have a very high likelihood of being successfully completed and is the project feasible?
- Budget—Is the budget well developed and realistic for the project?
- Does the proposal budget match the needs of the project?
- Fundraising Ability —Are funds already secured or likely to be secured? Has the project director identified appropriate sources of funding for the project? Are the potential funders appropriate for the project?
- Demonstrated Ability of Key Project Personnel—Do the applicant and the proposed personnel have the ability to successfully complete the proposed project?
- NO Lobbying is permitted
All applications must be reviewed and approved by the majority of the executive committee. Deadline for applications is the 15th of each month and will be reviewed in a timely manner. Applicants will be notified within 45 days. Applications requiring earlier consideration may be put forth with the understanding that the Committee will make every effort to review it earlier if possible. Once the application is approved, a draft fiscal sponsorship agreement will be forwarded to the applicant for consideration and for edits. Once all language is agreed, a final agreement document will be forwarded to the applicant for signature. Once both parties sign the agreement, fiscal sponsorship services will begin.
WCA will retain a $50 application fee.
WCA will retain a 5-10% fee for administering the sponsorship depending on the complexity of the request
Women's Caucus for Art
PO Box 1498
Canal Street Station
New York, NY 10013
Rutgers Office Address
Women's Caucus for Art
640 Bartholomew Road–Rm 122A
Piscataway, NJ 08854
Director of Operations