Who we are
The Women’s Caucus for Art (WCA) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization (EIN# 51-0162358) and operates these websites located at the URL https://nationalwca.org as well as the International Caucus of WCA under the URL https://www.wcainternationalcaucus.org
Any questions should be directed to the Director of Operations, Karin Luner at email@example.com.
See “Board” for list of board members of the organization.
Our mailing address is :
Women’s Caucus for Art
PO Box 1498
Canal St Station
New York, NY 10013
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We only collect your personally identifiable information—which is information that directly identifies you, such as your name, street address, telephone numbers, email address, URL—when you knowingly provide it to us. We may gather such information during the following interactions:
- When you become a member of WCA.
- When you renew your membership or rejoin WCA.
- When you register for a WCA Annual Conference or Lifetime Achievement Awards
- When you purchase an item from WCA on the Sites, or in person, or a paper-based application or order form.
- When you participate in a WCA survey, whether on the Sites, in person, or offline.
- When you submit content or other information relating to your participation at the WCA events.
- When you use your member ID and password to access WCA’s Online Member Database.
- When you make a contribution to WCA.
We collect and use personally identifiable information primarily to provide you with products and services and to enhance your experience at the Sites and as a member of WCA. We will include personally identifiable information of individuals attending the Annual Conference in the Directory of Attendees unless they opt out during the registration process for the Annual Conferences. Unless members opt out, WCA otherwise uses such information in order to communicate with them.
How Do We Use Personally Identifiable Information?
- We employ outside contractors to provide specific products and services to WCA, including credit-card processing, newsletter mailing, access to or mailing of publications, member database management, postal and electronic mail, hosting and maintaining advertisements on the Sites, and developing applications for the Sites. We may need to provide these outside contractors with your personally identifiable information in connection with their providing such products or services to us (e.g., we provide our newsletter platform provider with your name and email address to facilitate mailings). These contractors (which, under the GDPR, are data processors) are subject to our vendor approval process, and are obligated to protect the privacy of your personally identifiable information and to refrain from using or disclosing that information other than to provide us with such products or services.
- We also may disclose your personally identifiable information in special cases, when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against you or someone else who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) WCA’s rights or property, other users of the Sites, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. We also may disclose personally identifiable information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
- We do not rent or sell personally identifiable information.
- If you authorize us to share your personally identifiable information with third parties but you thereafter change your mind, or if you no longer want to receive communications from WCA, you may indicate your preferences by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Your instructions to us will only affect subsequent sharing of personally identifiable information with third parties and any future communications from WCA. If, however, we had previously shared your information with third parties, it is possible such information may continue to be used by them.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you advise the administrator to add your image to the member gallery page, or enter your images to the Featured Artist Call on our website, or become a Featured Artist, your images are publicly available.
If you allow your images to be uploaded to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Information on our Contact forms, as displayed on our Contact page, or Calendar, are archived or deleted after a certain period. Contact Forms may include your name, email, URL and/or uploaded images. But we do not use the information submitted for marketing purposes.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
WCA does not employ Google Analytics or any other tracking software.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their Membership Expiration Date or Membership ID #). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Our contact information
Karin Luner, Director of Operations, email@example.com
How we protect your data
Only employees or, on occasion, an outside contractor who may need access to your information to perform a specific task or function are granted access to such information. You should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the internet. Additionally, there also is some risk our security systems could be circumvented or breached. As a result, although we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and your use of the Sites is at your own risk.